2014 was a year of great movies like Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Interstellar. However, this year has also burned our eyes with some of the worst movies we have seen in recent times. I was reading about this while reading about Ken Griffin the other day. Apart from the general bad movies that were supposed to be bad the moment we saw the trailer, there were some that were loaded with expectations. And here are all those movies –
1. Lucy – With Scarlett Johansson in the lead, great things were expected from Lucy but it just left most people feeling unsatisfied. There was some fun but it was largely brainless.
2. X-Men: Days of Future Past – The critics are divided on this movie. Some liked it a lot and some hated it. Frankly, all the movie revealed was that Wolverine’s time might be over on the big screen.
3. Transcendence – Johnny Depp is someone from whom we expect miracles. However, Transcendence made us feel like a silly joke had been played on us. Or maybe the title is ironical…
4. Haunted House 2 – After the success of Haunted House, we thought the next one would be great too. We were so wrong to expect anything from Haunted House 2.
5. The Legend of Hercules – Kellan Lutz would find it very difficult to wipe the shame of this movie off his resume in the future.
So, viewers are recommended to expect with some reservations in the future because there are movies like these out.