Selena Gomez always brings big style to her thin frame. This week she is attending Fashion Week in Paris and has brought with her an American high school staple, the jean miniskirt. Gomez made hers high fashion by mixing it with very adult pieces; including over-the-knee boots, a blazer, and a criss-cross V-neck bodysuit that is cut low enough to expose a belly button. At least we are guessing it goes that low as Gomez has the skirt sit high on her waist, which balances out exposed skin. The all business, not so much prep school, blazer touch is my favorite add.
Jean miniskirts will be filling shops this Spring season. Who What Wear lists the most admirable ones that will be available soon.
5 Must-have Denim Skirts for Spring 2016
1. The Vetements Denim Mini Skirt maintains the classic look by being reminiscent of a pair of jeans cut and resewn as a skirt.
2. The Topshop MOTO Raw High-Waisted Skirt updates your high school teacher’s jeans skirt by keeping the high-waist but cleaning the line around her hips and stomach, as well as leaving the hem unsewn.
3. The ASOS Denim Pencil Skirt With Step Hem in Mid Wash Blue takes a similar approach as Topshops’s jean skirt, but has more of an acid wash.
4. Saint Laurent’s Distressed Denim Mini Skirt brings a Downtown look with perfectly softened rubbings of the fabric, and it looks perfectly worn-in as though you have been wearing it since high school.
5. The A.P.C. Indigo Denim Miniskirt is the most updated of the choices with a black denim that has a sheen to it.
Building a wardrobe only begins with the basics. What you wore in high school has new life when you take an adult approach to them. Sign-up for your VIP Membership with JustFab to set-up your JustFab online boutique and receive recommendations on everything from basics to each season’s must-have items. Your boutique will be filled with handbags, tops, slacks, skirts, denim, and jewelry for the perfect closet. Each month you will receive new items to your doorstep to keep your look updated and fresh.
Read reviews on their Glassdoor.